Sunday, November 30, 2008

Silent Screams

Silent screams fill the frigid night air
Their level of pitch is piercing, so beware
Take yourself out of your square
You will become defended, I swear

Wide open spaces with pure air to breathe
Deep in the valley of doubt
I’m trying hard to shout it out
In the silhouettes of life
With motions of strife

Alone in a crowd
Drowning in the thundering silence
Wrapped in a shrouded cloud
Lost in this flock
But no one seems to be shocked

I reach for empty dreams
Only to find hidden schemes
Illusions of my hearts desires
To be filled with liars

Majestically walking through this reservation
Feeling the vibration of the temptation
While all along just wanting formation
Screeching screams in the distance as the sunrises
And the clock on the wall goes clockwise
I can’t believe I’ve been deceived by their disguises

Living in denial of these silent screams
Wanting to be in the mainstream
Yearning for acceptance and validation
I won’t settle for imitation
The realization of my desperation
Continues to fill the air with my silent screams
They are more than night-mare daydreams

Reality settles in my peculiar world
Tangled and swirled in all its worthlessness
Hoping it doesn’t turn to bitterness

Surrounded by the loudest silence I have ever heard
Plastered on a billboard for all the world to see
But there is no one to hear my plea
Is there such a thing as being free

Open your eyes and see
Open your ears and hear
The silence screams will become clear
And then you’ll know they are sincere

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your screams don't go unnoticed, even if it feels like it. Remember there is a battle going on.