Friday, January 2, 2009

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, goes the clock
The key that holds the block to my heart is now unlocked
Trickery at its best goes around the block, once again

Restless and worrisome at my core
Nothing to adore so I would I want more
A whisper of come hither in my ear
Setting me up for a war with no way to deplore

Fabrications cloud my view
Craved in my heart like a bad tattoo
Hussshhh, can you hear the bitter sweet echo
Listen… tick tock, tick tock, tick tock

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice and shame on me

Ignorant deception
Viewed with an innocent perception
Mixed is a treacherous combination

No warnings, no signs, no alarms
Just dreadful storms
Armed with fragile glass made of toxic tears
While drowning in fears

My heart aches
My body has been twisted inside out
There is no doubt, there doesn’t seem to be a way out

Time is all I have on that clock
Which can’t be mocked
Broken spirited with no wings to fly
I wish I could cry


Freefalling high in the sky
Only to be denied
Frozen in this time
The silent whispers are the crime
Listen… tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, goes the clock

No comments: