Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Power of Touch

I had an extraordinary experience tonight that I believe soul heartedly was orchestrated by God himself! I have had the pleasure of watching a particular story unfold for over a year now, under the most unexpected circumstances. I recently heard someone say that people are placed in our lives for a purpose; not only our friends and families but strangers and the people we see often but don’t know like our hairdressers. I am starting to understand this concept on a very deep level.

Tonight I met the most awesome group of people I have ever met. They’re people just like you and I but they had the most amazing aura (for a lack of works.. sorry) about them. It was the glory of God. It oozed out of them. They weren’t preachy or full of bible verses, again just plain people like you and I. But they had the “it” factor! It came across loud and clear!! It poured out in buckets and over flowed onto me like nothing I have ever experienced!!! It wasn’t anything special about anyone person or anything they said… it was without a doubt the love of Jesus Christ pouring onto/into me like a refreshing summer storm! It smothered me in the most powerful way… it has left me truly breathless! Not to mention speechless, and that is not an easy task for me!

There have been so many little things this past week which I know in my heart that it is God showing me to hold on and keep pushing forward for He has so much more waiting for me and I have seen His love for me in so many ways. There was a time, not to long ago that others have seen these signs but I couldn’t see them to save my life and this week I see them all over the place! But the biggest sign was tonight! One of the things that has been lacking in my life in a huge way are hugs. Yes, hugs. There was also a time that I didn’t want to receive hugs from anyone, but allot of times got them any way. And it is something lacking at this time. Tonight God filled my heart and soul with more hugs than I have had in the past 9 months! And from strangers, at that. I know in my heart that all those warm inviting hugs were Gods arms wrapped around me!

God knocked my socks off tonight in an overwhelming way! And I want more…. The power of touch can change a life…

Gadi, Amanda, Mark and Jake: you guys rock!!

No comments: