Thursday, September 11, 2008

I wouldn't change a thing

As some of you may know, I own my own business. I am self-employed as an Esthetician, I do facials. I guess some would call my shop a day spa, but seeing that they are a dime a dozen and I am trying really hard to get out of that stereo type, I like to say that my shop is a skin and body therapy center. I treat the issues that my clients have with their skin so that they may have younger more vibrant looking skin. Relaxation does play a part in it but it’s not the main reason I do facials or recommend them.

Now there are some people who would rave and cheer me on because I am my own boss. It definitely has advantages like, making your own days and hours that you work, you get to pick and chose who you want to work with as well as what type of clients you want to market to. You also get lots of perks on free services with other people in the industry and get the best of the best for skin care products! But there are down sides to owning your own business.

When something goes wrong, you are the boss. You have no one to help guide you through a sometimes difficult moment. You are only one person with only one brain and sometimes run out of creative ways to bring in new clients. And everything, bills, inventory, cleaning, learning, training, pampering, returning phone calls, booking appointments, marketing and the list goes
on… everything is on your shoulders. It can be very stressful at times.

I have had one of those days today! I am getting ready to hit the big time with my own signature line of products! 2c creations… the name came from 2 Corinthians 5:17, Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! This is a story for another day. Anyway, it has been allot of fun working with a designer to help create the logo and working with the manufacturer to chose all the products and make sure that they have the best ingrediences. Now we are down to the final step, choosing the packaging. You would think this would be so simple, well; I am here to tell you that it is not! It has been quit the task. I have been at this all day today and not much progress has been made.

Over all I love what I do and am blessed to be my own boss, even on days I wish I didn’t have the responsibilities of owning a business. It is a blessing for me to serve each and every client with a humbled heart and teach them how to take care of their skin and give them a little special pampering just to help them feel better about who they are. In the end that is what it is all about for me; seeing the genuine smiles on peoples faces when they leave knowing that they feel better about who they are from when they first walked in. If given the opportunity to do something different; would I? NO… I wouldn’t change a thing!!

No comments: