Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Night of prayer, continued

What an awesome evening at the new Mercy Ministry’s home! A friend of mine came with me and we left in plenty of time to get there just incase of traffic or if I got lost. Well, I got lost, again! We made it there just in the nick of time as the clock hit 6:30.

There were lots of people that came from all over the bay-area. There were men, women, pastors and even some teen-agers. We got to freely walk around even though there was lots of construction still going on. Some rooms had walls and windows and some didn’t. It is going to be a beautiful home when it is finished. Downstairs is the dinning area and huge kitchen; there is a sitting area in the middle and on the other side is the library. Back in the hallway, going to the left there are a few bedrooms and back down to the right are more bedrooms. It was like walking through a maze, there are rooms every where. Upstairs in the center is their chapel and more bedrooms to the right and even more beyond that. And on the other side there are more rooms which I believe are offices. This home is HUGE! There are 20 bedrooms which will hold 2 girls each and I don’t even remember how many bathrooms I counted.

We got a chance to write on the walls as we walked through the home; for they haven’t been painted yet. What an amazing experience that was for me. As I walked through the home I allowed God to direct me as to where He wanted me to write and what He wanted me to write. It was strange to walk into one room and not feel the need to write anything and then walk into another and have a gentle urge to write something. It was pretty cool when the words came to mind as to what to write.

Right before the evening ended, we all gathered in the foyer of the home and one of the women from Mercy Ministries had us pray as a group over the girls and the home it’s self. What a powerful pray it was. You could feel God’s presence in this building as she was praying. There were about 50 people or so and everyone was whispering out prayers of their own and in agreement with what she was saying. I can’t say it enough, how powerful this prayer was. Everyone’s voices echoing throughout the halls of this building; there was something very comforting about it. She not only prayed blessings and healings over the girls she denounced any evil that would try to come against the home, the girls, the workers, the volunteers and even the construction crew! It was amazing!

This is going to be a great adventure for me as well as many others and I am so thankful and blessed to be a part of something so amazingly huge from ground up!!! Thank you for your continued support and encouragement for me to move forward with this. There will be many more great things to come and other ways for all of you to help support Mercy Ministries.

No comments: