Saturday, August 23, 2008

A New Beginning


I got a huge dose of reality tonight! I had the pleasure of going on an outing with a few members of my church family to hear a fabulous testimony, from a women from Australia, Bronwen Healy. It was in a familiar place; one which I use to call home. I saw allot of familiar faces and allot of new ones. Everything looked the same as it once did, and strangely enough it felt the same… nothing had changed! Or has it?

In this past week I have noticed a common thread on some of the blogs that I follow; friendships, reaching out to people who are falling through the cracks, fellowshipping and spreading God’s love in general. People can talk a good talk but it amazes me after all is said, how people just walk past others, even when knowing them, and are to caught up in their own lives or maybe because the other person doesn’t have what it takes to be part of their “click” and just passes them by like they are nothing. Sadly, I saw this tonight; I experienced it tonight. To read some of these blogs you would think these people are the most friendly and loving people, but in my prospective of what I saw and experienced was quite the opposite. People, I once knew, where friendly enough with their hellos but there body language and the look deep in their eyes told a very different story.

As I sat and listened to commentary for the evening, God showed me a view of reality that broke my heart. You see, just a few months back God placed me with a different church family. I trusted Him, so I thought. In the past few weeks, I have struggled with life and have fought trusting in this new family and thinking God made a mistake while still desperately missing my old familiar family. God clearly opened my eyes to truth; at least truth for me, that I am right where He wants me to be. He allowed me to feel the coldness, the eerie stillness of the air and showed me all the masks of betrayal and fakeness that many still wear.

As I sat there, a vision of an old warn rope braking, flashed in front of me. My heart broke and billions of tears fell from my eyes. The hurt was so painful and came from deep inside me; I wanted to scream! I knew that the time had come to cut the finale thread of the rope. Tonight I made the choice to say hello to goodbye.

Something has changed; me! This experience tonight has taught me allot about trusting God and where He puts me. It has also brought me to a different level on trusting my new church family as well as giving them a chance to allow them in my heart; I am home with my new church family. I have changed; I have grown and am now on a very different journey than the one I was on just a few months ago. I am heading towards a new beginning!

No comments: