Thursday, August 14, 2008

Night Owl ~


My room is filled with the night silence; I can hear the freeway traffic from a distance. As I look at the time on the clock the ticking of the hands get louder as they echo in my head. I toss and turn trying to get comfortable, I am unsuccessful. Thoughts of the chores that lay in the days ahead fill my mind with a tangled web. I give up; I’ll fight this fight no more!

As I sit in the dark, I wonder what it is that God wants me to do. Does He have me awake for a reason? I try to find a hidden message in His word, but nothing is making much sense in the wee hours of this day. I try to pray but only find my mind is too cluttered with the stress that has me overwhelmed.

I am as child, needing to be safely nestled in my Father’s arms. Wrapped securely in His warm embrace, while engulfed in a love that surpasses my wildest imagination! Tenderly telling me stories as only He can and making all the stresses of life disappear. Wanting to ask a million questions, but nothing seems to come to mind. I am strangely soothed by the hush in the room, my eyes are finally heavy and I am in a comfort beyond words. As the day-light breaks through the night sky, I am gently rocked into a sound slumber sleep!

Finally, the end of a long exhausting day…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have done some work on your page. It looks very nice. As usual, your writing is magnificent. I can feel what you feel at night. The mark of a good writer.

I can post when I am anonymous.

Sleep well.

Mer

Anonymous said...

Well said. I can identify with this, as I have felt this way many nights as well. Thank you.