Sunday, August 31, 2008

Price of Admission: one step at a time


This weekend has been like an adventure at a spiritual amusement park with lots of rides filled with twists and turns and lessons filling in the gaps that have left me breathless!

While rushing by faces that are unknown to me; some flash their worldly riches and some as poor as dirt, some carrying handfuls of bags from their favorite stores and another sits on the side of the road shaving her legs with all her personal belongings by her side. People rushing from here to there; some with no worries and others have the world on their shoulders. I wonder where I fit into all this.

Finally a familiar face in the crowd; an old friend I haven’t seen in awhile. As we stood in the hot blazing sun, talking, he opened his heart and shared some of the struggles that he still has. For the first time I saw his heart as God would see him. He has come such a long way in this past year. God showed me just how human we all are and it is ok to be just me! This old friend was like a little brother to me and I know in my heart none of that has changed. There may be distance between us while we figure out who we are but God’s love has been woven between us and we will remain bother and sister as we are both children of God.

Today had a different twist to it, another turn on this adventure. I got a small glimpse as to the new paved road that is being prepared for me. It was also proven that if I am willing to step out of my comfort-zone and open my heart that many great things can come of that! I chose to take a chance and open my heart to someone new today (Michelle), and I believe that through God I have made a new friend!

After a long weekend at this amazing amusement park it was finally time to rest and fuel the physical body. We chose a unique little place called Monsoon Burgers. It was very clean, and the food was great! But what was better than all that was I was somewhere where I belonged, I was with my church family. For me, it was more than simply sharing a meal and simple fellowship. Even though I don’t remember anyone officially praying over our meal, I believe Christ was at the center of the table sharing a burger and fries with us!

If you’ve never been to this amazing park, I recommend you check it out; it’s worth every step you’ll take. The biggest lesson I’ve learned, God never promised success only an adventure… and what an adventure this weekend has been!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the presence of God has been known to randomly show up at Monsoon - I call it the Holy of Holies haha jk :)

It was really neat having you there, and I think I did a coorporate in-my-mind prayer over the food, but either way God is good!

Enjoy the Labor Day

susan y said...

Thanks for coming to lunch with us! You are welcome anytime...I'm just not going to wear your food home next time! HaHa! Your a joy to be around and your smile always brightens the room.